MEM deck essential training?

May 11, 2017
Ukraine, Odessa
Hello gentlemans.

Have recently start work on a MEM deck.
It takes maybe two-three month to become confident on that and now I do already some tricks with it.

The question is.. even understanding, we all have different memories and personal abilities.. How often do you consider is essential to train on your stack to refresh it?

Turning cards one by one face up and name them, for a training purposes takes me now about 42-48 seconds, for whole deck.

Except the visual picture assigned for each card in my mind, thats the only training I use now. And for myself, consider it most effective. From the beginning I've been just repeating the sequence from a beginning to end, or backwards, or from a various places.

Feb 16, 2024
You can make a little more easy if you try to create a sequence that make sense for you, trying to create a story or conections help.

Reactions: B. Nikolay
May 11, 2017
Ukraine, Odessa
You can make a little more easy if you try to create a sequence that make sense for you, trying to create a story or conections help.
Thanks for reply. :) I actually already familiar with various mnemonic technics and read quite a few books on a subject)

Is definitely working technic, even not very applicable for my purposes. If someone names 2 of spades and you knows, you need to cut to the 31st card in a deck to get it, sequences are not very helpful.

I'm more curious on how often you have to practice to be in stroke. :)

MichaelPenkul

Elite Member
For me, there was a point where it just became natural, like driving a manual car - I now just naturally associate each card with its number & vice versa.

However, practice always helps, especially if you're not performing super often - my favourite way to practice is to take an old deck of cards and write the numbers on the backs; that way you can shuffle the deck and run through it at random. I normally recall groups of cards more easily at the beginning & end of the stack, so this forces me to not rely on those patterns and really associate each card with its number. You can also practice both ways - card to number, or number to card.

Reactions: B. Nikolay
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results