Adapting PHOENIX

Mar 3, 2018
I just saw PHOENIX, and it's one of the cleanest restorations I've ever seen! Before I purchase it, is it possible for me to handcraft some gimmicks that will work with Canadian currency?

thematthoward

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2018
I just saw PHOENIX, and it's one of the cleanest restorations I've ever seen! Before I purchase it, is it possible for me to handcraft some gimmicks that will work with Canadian currency?
They make them for other currency on the Hanson chein site, the US dollar is just exclusive to theory 11 👍🏻👍🏻

Mar 3, 2018
They make them for other currency on the Hanson chein site, the US dollar is just exclusive to theory 11 👍🏻👍🏻
That's great! I'd like to know if I can make a gimmick for a Canadian bill myself because they don't have a Canadian bill version. If I buy the set, will I be able to craft my own gimmicks?

thematthoward

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2018
That's great! I'd like to know if I can make a gimmick for a Canadian bill myself because they don't have a Canadian bill version. If I buy the set, will I be able to craft my own gimmicks?
On the Hanson Chien website one of the faq questions is “Can I use the method with other bills after learning it?”
And their answer was - No, it's specific to each bill and cannot be used with others.

Personally would take that as the gimmick is probably difficult to make and adapt 😔😔

Jun 13, 2013
In theory you could possibly adapt it to a Canadian bill. I’m not familiar with that currency but it needs to have certain properties. Is it made from paper or polymer? Other properties such as design elements are required as well. Even if you could do it it may not be feasible to make them in quantities. Your best bet is probably to invest in the US currency and see for yourself. If it turns out they cannot be modified you should at least be able to get use out of them by showing this strange quality that US bills have or whatever tale you wish to tell.

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you guys for the replies! I'll take your advice. I'll get it, and if it can't be adapted, I'll make up a routine with US bills.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results