Saturday Night Contest - Movie Poster!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! A new film came out yesterday...you may have heard of it. It's DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE! In celebration of the film, we've released a Deadpool deck of our own, which you can find HERE!

What's the challenge? Your objective is to make a movie poster by taking a shot using any deck of your choice. It could be Spider-Man, Avengers, your favorite deck, etc. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie! You can even put a plot synopsis in the description if you would like.

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram (or uploaded directly to forums in your response) using the hashtag #theory11 and tag us @theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, July 28th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Points, 3 decks of Deadpool Playing Cards, and your selection of ANY other 3 Decks of your choice that are in stock right now. If you are a winner in a restricted geographic location and we can't send you Deadpool, you can swap them for other decks that are available.

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

Reactions: Khaleel Olaiky
Mar 10, 2024
Once, he was an ordinary man, grappling with the everyday struggles of life. As hardship tightened its grip, he was left with only one option: a high-stakes poker game where he wagered everything he had—and lost. In the wake of his devastating defeat, he vanished into the treacherous Superstition Mountains, chasing after gold and disappearing from the world’s gaze.

Legends soon began to swirl among those who braved the perilous terrain. Travelers lost in the mountains, depleted and on the brink of despair, would encounter a mysterious figure—an enigmatic drifter who materialized from the shadows. In silence, he would pull out a deck of cards, flip a single random card over and, with a solemn gaze, ask, "Higher or lower?" The turn of the next card would decide their fate.

For those who guessed correctly, the drifter would provide sustenance and guide them safely out of the wilderness. But for those who were not so lucky, were left to perish. The drifter's presence became a haunting reminder of fate’s cruel hand and the relentless gamble of survival. He became known as the SHADOW RIDER.

*I don’t recycle old images for these Saturday Night Contests, I take all original pictures!

Attachments

• Shadow Rider SNC.jpg
    Shadow Rider SNC.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 47
Mar 26, 2024
The wizarding world faces a new threat as an ancient artifact with the power to reshape magical history is unearthed. Set in the aftermath of the Second Wizarding War, the film shifts focus to the storied house of Ravenclaw, revealing hidden secrets and untold tales.

Good luck everyone!!
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-28 at 20.51.20_2f8c455b.jpg

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I posted two versions of this photo on my Instagram but settled on submitting this one. Good luck everyone!
Congrats Braeden! This one was super close, but in the end we felt that this was the one that stood on top of the mountain in the end. Great work! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get you your prize!

Big honorable mentions to Khaleel and lapele for their entries, making it super tough! Was super fun seeing what you guys came up with this week. Christen will be joining you guys tomorrow for a new contest!

Patrix

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2018
Michigan
I’ll second that! I think all the entries
Are magical. I’m no good at these contests. So I have to let the masters handle it. 👍🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: Khaleel Olaiky
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results