Saturday Night Contest - OBEY

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you're all having a great start to the weekend. Just yesterday we released a collaboration with none other than Shepard Fairey - who if you don't know, worked on Rebels alllllll the way back 12 years ago - and we're so thrilled that after all this time, another project is finally here. We've been wanting to do a project like this with Shepard for over 14 years, actually, and we hope that the wait was worth it!

To help celebrate the release of OBEY Playing Cards, we want to see your artist skills at work. This doesn't have to be the most amazing work of art ever created, it can even be a basic sketch that takes 2 minutes! All we are looking for is something that has a message behind it that is centered around playing cards in some way. You can give your sketch a title, and even give a brief explanation if you desire. It can be done with ANY medium on any surface, so let your imagination run wild! It doesn't have to be too thought out and perfect, either. Just give it your best shot!

Post your entry in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, July 21st. Once time is up, we will decide on a winner at random to take home the prize of a BOX SET of Obey Playing Cards ($100 value!).

Good luck!

lapele

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi everyone! Here's a sketch of the Sembras Temple, during it's heyday. The Sembras playing cards have a special place in my collection and is definitely among the best decks out there. The details and artwork are just ... wow. If you don't already have it in your collection, I highly suggest getting it! Can't wait to see everyone's artwork!

P.S. originally I thought about painting huge rock with water etc. but it proved to be more difficult than I expected :D

Attachments

• 20240721_213652.jpg
    20240721_213652.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 42

Metermind

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Scribbled the OBEY giant star from the ace of spades. Used ink pen on double-backer Bicycle Titanium. I like the way the other side of the card became embossed from the scribbles.

Attachments

• Obey Pen.jpg
    Obey Pen.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Obey Embossed.jpg
    Obey Embossed.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 39

OriF

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2022
freecompress-20240722_012835.jpg

Hope this is good and that you'll like it, I have been sitting to make this for the past two and a half hours... :)
I put the original card next to my drawing as a comparison.
Good luck to all the participants!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congrats Furrukh! Your entry was chosen at random as the winner! Please contact our support team to claim your prize - job well done!

Fantastic work to everyone who submitted something and got the creative juices flowing - it was great to see what themes you guys went with! See you all later today for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results