Very Visual Coin Through Glass

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
It's just, it's a very nice effect but I want to know some information before I buy it.

Fair statement, There are a number of methods for this, if i do decide to release it, i will go thoroughly into detail on all of it. but this can be performed standing and siting down.

I dont know what i would call it yet, any suggestions, I'm thinking of trying to steer away for generic one word names like "melt" or "bend". lol.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Fair statement, There are a number of methods for this, if i do decide to release it, i will go thoroughly into detail on all of it. but this can be performed standing and siting down.

I dont know what i would call it yet, any suggestions, I'm thinking of trying to steer away for generic one word names like "melt" or "bend". lol.

You could just call it "LBarnes Coin Through Glass."

Not everything needs to have a catchy name, unless that's what ya want, of course.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I watched it again, I am still impressed. If I may ask... can the spectator hold the bottle when you do the penetration?

Mitch

excelent question, this will be somewhat of a bonus to this effect, but it will go like this:

turn glass upside down, place coin on bottom of glass, ask spec to put their hand out, place bottom (mouth of glass) on their palm, then melt coin through glass and it falls into their hand.

kool?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
My thoughts: I loved it! It looked very clean and visual. Absolutely great!

My constructive criticism would be the next time you film it, get a clean glass, it just looks nicer. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else, but if I do, I'll let you know!

Again, great job!
TDA

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
My thoughts: I loved it! It looked very clean and visual. Absolutely great!

My constructive criticism would be the next time you film it, get a clean glass, it just looks nicer. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else, but if I do, I'll let you know!

Again, great job!
TDA

Thanks a lot man, i will do =) i'll try and get it re-filmed asap.

Sep 1, 2007
England
I think it looks very nice, but before you jump to release it because you've had some good feedback, please, for your own sake, do these two things.
  1. Check for similar methods already in print. I think you're probably ok on this, but it's still worth checking out.
  2. Don't overprice it, this is the reason, more than anything else, that will get you 'flamed'. Whatever you do, don't let it just seem like you are out to make a quick buck. You have a good product, if you do choose to sell it, don't let people think it is for the wrong reasons.

Again, nice work, and good luck with which ever route you choose to take with it.

Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I think it looks very nice, but before you jump to release it because you've had some good feedback, please, for your own sake, do these two things.
  1. Check for similar methods already in print. I think you're probably ok on this, but it's still worth checking out.
  2. Don't overprice it, this is the reason, more than anything else, that will get you 'flamed'. Whatever you do, don't let it just seem like you are out to make a quick buck. You have a good product, if you do choose to sell it, don't let people think it is for the wrong reasons.

Again, nice work, and good luck with which ever route you choose to take with it.

Tom

Thanks man, some greatly appreciated comments and advice there, i've been on the magic scene for about 8 years, but im a big lurker to be honest, i dont post much, i just sit back listen alot, but i have thoroughly researched this and as far as i know there is nothing resembling this, so im feeling pretty confident, but please if anyone does know of something similar please inform me because i dont want to make a fool of myself.

As for pricicng, this will be very fair, and i dont think im gonna just gonna throw out it out to the "youtube generation" if you get me.

thanks again Bijlogg =)

Hey!!!

That was slick. Excellent. I'd pick that up depending on the production. Price isn't a big deal to me, as long as it stays under $30. I want to know though, in terms of walking up to a table at a resteraunt, picking the glass up off the table and pushing the coin through the glass, is that possible? Instant setup so to speak?

Excellent job! It's great to see real authentic creations of standalone effects by forumers!

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey!!!

That was slick. Excellent. I'd pick that up depending on the production. Price isn't a big deal to me, as long as it stays under $30. I want to know though, in terms of walking up to a table at a resteraunt, picking the glass up off the table and pushing the coin through the glass, is that possible? Instant setup so to speak?

Excellent job! It's great to see real authentic creations of standalone effects by forumers!

nice question, there are obviously limitations, take sinful for example, it can be as impromptu as impromtu can be, but in some situations its just not possible, if you get me? but on a high percentage of occasions, you will be able to go up to somebodies table and perform it there and then., kool?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results